Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #1292
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Actually, I've had no problems with mine. I'm just referring to the folks that seem to be having problems that are inexplicable, as they keep recurring after multiple re-flashes.

I've seen a few Youtube videos that highlight problems that my car has never had, so I know a problem exists. But I do feel sure that there are a few out there that are blowing it out of proportion. Does my DCT behave itself 100% of the time? Hell no. I was driving out of the dealership on Saturday morning after my grille shutter recall was done, and it SLAMMED into second gear while driving through the parking lot. I just don't think the DCT likes to putt-putt around, and this is something that I accept about it. I suspect that there are people who aren't willing to accept that there are ANY differences between it and a traditional auto, and they're in for a disappointment.

This is the other reason that dealerships are in such a tough spot. If someone had bought MY car, expecting it to feel exactly like their last automatic, it'd probably be in the service department every week. There's nothing a dealership can do about the way it feels. A DCT is a DCT, and it'll never be a slushbox. But how do you explain this to someone who's set in their ways and has certain unrealistic expectations, especially when they don't know why their expectations are unrealistic? Rock - Hard Place.

So, I think this whole DCT drama is a combination of some cars with REAL problems, combined with cars like mine that just feel different, and therefore are deemed defective by their owners, when they're really not.
Finally there are posters here who I am in total agreement with, however, when I posted similar comments I was pounded into ground by the disgruntled few.
It won't be long before their posts begin. :)