View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #1288
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red ST

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think if the dealerships had the proper knowledge transfer from the corporate technicians / engineers, they would be fixing these transmissions. The issue is that the dealerships really don't know where to go from here because they're being given no direction. The dealerships, while they are the face of the company, are really caught in the middle - between screaming, angry customers and Ford, who hasn't dreamt up a fix yet. Ford isn't going to immerse themselves in a public relations nightmare by admitting that the problem is unresolved and that they're 'working on it'. That's why I was so surprised to see a guy on this forum have his car bought back. That's basically an admission on Ford's part that there is an unresolvable problem with some of these cars. So, the dealerships get stuck with the fun task of staving off the rabid consumers until a magic solution is created in the software and it gets passed down from corporate. It's a horrible position to be in, from a consumer standpoint, as well as the dealership standpoint. They probably cringe every time they see a Focus drive up the service driveway. I'm sure some of them have reached a point where they've finally started encouraging owners to get busy with the Lemon Law....because Ford hasn't done the right thing...Yet.

I was very nervous dropping my car off Saturday for the grille shutter recall....I didn't want them messing with my transmission programming, or even disconnecting my battery, and thankfully they didn't.