Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #1287
jjessop
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91332
What I Drive: 2012 White se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jjessop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Same problem here......what's new it's a 2012 Focus. Car has been a trainwreck from day one and I have never heard so many lame excuses from a dealer. Picked it up after another 6 days at the dealer for transmission grinding and the fix for me, nothing, was told "thousands" of people are complaining and that maybe I should just lemon law the car! Yes indeed, told that last Friday by the Ford Store in San Leandro CA. At least for once it was an honest statement instead of the "this is how it operates" or "you need to let it break in" that I grew tired of 9 months ago.

The fact these vehicles operate so erratically is what makes them unsafe! You never know what my transmission will decide to do but you can rest assured it will grind and lurch all the time.The transmission is at least less annoying than the freeway wandering issue I originally had. We didn't drive the car for 2 months because you could not hold it straight going down the Freeway. Finally forced them to acknowledge and replace the steering rack....fixed! So why not just fix our transmissions? Ford Sync, don't get me started, gave up complaining to save my blood pressure.

Thankfully this forum has been a great resource of information and confirmation that we are all not crazy.

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Unfortunatly, this is not always the case as I and many others on this forum have run into.

I'm glad to hear some are being helped. I wish my case would have been handled that way.