swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
awesome calipers! and i would frame the certificate too.

the svt exhaust still has a resonator. what makes it sound different than a stock non-svt exhaust, the muffler? i would almost want to cut the res off and add flex pipe. but then i couldn't hang it in the back... hmm
I'm not sure exactly what makes the SVT exhaust different. I believe the tubing is wider (2.25" vs 2" maybe?). It gives a great tone though, low and snarly. The Borla pretty much amplified and nastified the stock tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: sleestak ::.. View Post
Nice work on the calipers!! Glad that worked out for you.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
it doesn't drone at all. if the fatory cat is still there it'd gonna be pretty quiet. even with an orp like on my car its not bad at all. come out to wheels and wings next wednesday at around 7 pm and you can take my car for a spin if you'd like.
Have it on the car now, and nope it's not droney. I do have the factory cat, and the Borla resonator in place, so it's not a whole lot louder than stock. I'm debating whether or not I want moar lowd, either by going ORP/HFC or removing the resonator. What I do not want is to trade the awesome deep tone for the ricey sound.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune