Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #1285
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
Here is an update on my transmission problems: I continued to have the grinding noises when the trans was shifting and the lurching from 1st to 2nd.
I took it back to my dealer, and the service rep told me he had other customers that had the same problem, and that, we as owners did not know how this trans functioned. He also assumed correctly I was not told how the trans operated by my salesperson. So, my dealership did not blow smoke, they "owned" up.

Both clutches were replaced in the car and it was test driven by the technician and service dept manager. They both felt the car was not "right" and both clutches were replaced again.

My car was ten returned to me and it drives perfectly, shifts perfectly, and does not grind.

The only problem I have is that they kept my car for 8 days. But I know paying customers come before warrenty repairs, they had to order the parts, they gave me a loaner car, and most people do not think of their car as one of their kids.

Ford itself should take responsibility for this trans problem. It should not be telling its dealers to tell customers that the noise and shift problems are normal or to turn up the radio. They should instruct sales people to tell buyers how this trans works.

I recommend everyone on this forum to insist on clutch replacement.

Town And Country Ford in Charlotte NC is highly recommended by this happy Focus owner.
I checked with my Ford dealer and sure enough the service manager sat with me and explained all the nuances of the Focus Trans. This was per a directive issued by Ford to all dealerships. The manager said if I noticed any problems with the trans to bring the car in and they would be rectified as quickly as possible.
All American Ford is a great place to do business. I feel relieved that should a problem arise it will be expertly dealt with.