Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #1283
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiaclover812 View Post
It has been to dealer three times. In this state it qualifies as a lemon and I FULLY INTEND ON EXERCISING MY RIGHT TO A FULL REFUND OR A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CAR THAT WILL NOT BE A FORD
Make sure that all service records from your dealer state that your car has a problem. My car was in for service for a grinding transmission, and I was told by the service manager that there was excessive noise, but when I read the service record it stated there was no abnormal noise. If they don't admit there is a problem, how can they fix it? So make sure every time you bring the car in you get documentation that there is a problem.

Getting in touch with the customer service rep here will help get you in touch with a regional manager, but that may not help you. The final call as to whether or not work gets done on you car rests with the Ford engineers. They too did not admit that my car had a problem, so they would not authorize any work done to my trans. Their normal answer is that it's "normal". I got rid of my Focus because I felt it was my only option if Ford would not admit to the problem. I hope you have better luck.