Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Infra-Red Focus RS replica/conversion build!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #97
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
blocked down the hatch area where the ford emblem was and hit it with some high-build primer

Cut down the tail pipe cause it sticks out way too far

then I finished up the driver front fender and sprayed it in primer. gotta do some minor touch-ups but its nearly perfect

Then Checko helped me out getting the passenger rear quarter mocked up and bonded

drilled a CRAP TON of 1/8 pilot holes, with plans to put a pop-rivet temporarily in every other hole. I counter-sank the front of the ones NOT getting rivets on the outside of the metal and the backside of EVERY hole on the fiberglass.....I plan to drill the heads off the pop-rivets, and any that fall out I'm going to put more panel-bond through them....so the counter-sinks will take up the glue and act as a rivet by not being able to pull through or anything due to the taper on either side from the countersink.

I ran out of rivets and patience for today, only got done about half of what I thought I would. might do more tomorrow morning