Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Any way to lessen the vibes from play mount?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerFocer View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong subforum. I installed massive's poly dogbone mount a few weeks ago and love the performance gain from it, however, on hot days with the A/C on the vibrations from it are freaking obnoxious. Feels like . I originally thought it was worse than it should have been so I took it to the dealer and they said that my other two motor mounts were gone (How? I have no idea. Its got 33K miles on it.) But fine, whatever. They replaced those and the vibration didn't change whatsoever. When its cool outside or when the A/C is off its not to bad; but when its 110+ outside and I have the A/C kicked up its like riding a coke'd out bull. Ok, maybe a bit exagurated, but you get the point. Anywho, I'd like to keep the mount in so I was wondering if there is any way to lessen the vibes from it while still retaining most/all of the performance gain from it. I was thinking something like a foam washer between the bolt and the K member on the subframe end. IDK, any ideas would be great. I don't like forced bowel movement just so I can enjoy some air conditiong.

Thanks in advance,
PowerFocer

EDIT: "Poly mount in title"
Heres a instantance that you can't have your cake & eat it too. Thats a small price for the gains you get. I have vf engineering dogbone w/o the balance shafts & yes it does have vibes at idle, but well worth it. The a/c should kick up the idle some thou. I'd leave it.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131