FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
Well, that's not necessarily what I want, but okay. I have a bunch of artists with different greatest hits albums and such, so keeping the album names straight is a hassle. Any way to list all of the albums by a particular artist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Nope. I have thousands of albums on the USB HD in my car and, like you, I like to play them as albums and therefore have to memorize them. For the greatest hits stuff, you might as well rename them somehow so they don't all have identical album names. For instance, add the artist name to the album title (e.g. Rush Greatest Hits).

It doesn't make any sense to me why it would play songs by artist in alphabetical order either. It seems like the best way would be to play the albums in alphabetical order under an artist, and play the tracks in track order within the album.
I see where you're coming from now, those greatest hits albums throw everything off! For this type of situation, I recommend creating separate playlists on iTunes. If you need help doing this, check out:

http://Support.Apple.com/kb/HT1801

Once this has been done and your iPod has completed indexing, give the voice command PLAY PLAYLIST XXX.

If you have additional questions, give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
Didn't work. Still have to control everything from the iPod itself.
Would it help if I used an MP3 from Microsoft?
To clarify, did you soft reset the iPod or perform a Master Reset on the SYNC system?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford