Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Rear view mirror droops, anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #48
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
gorilla glue... lol.. just kidding...

sorry u have that problem i have the same mirror but it hasn't moved at all on its own.....
It's great that your Focus isn't suffering from DMS! When you visit the dealer for routine service, use these coupons for future savings: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.
Sweet; thanks for letting the other members know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttfordoe View Post
I have to adjust my auto-dimming every few days in the winter time, now that it's 110+ dregs outside it gets adjusted about every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttfordoe View Post
I will have to take mine into the dealership and see what they will do about it, hopefully they will replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Thanks for letting us know it worked ... I will bring it up to the dealer but pretty sure they will laugh about this complaint and no way there going to try and duplicate it. They are pretty cool tho so hopefully they will believe me or I may just print out this thread and tell them I may need to escalate this issue with Ford Customer Service, thanks Thomas ... I'll hit u up if needed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
I repositioned my mirror yesterday, thinking I was seated differently... except I never mode the seat's position...

I'll keep an eye on it... if it's drooping now, just wait for a few years and it'll be impossible to get up again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Good to know! Maybe I'll take mine in after all.
Hey guys -

PM me (include your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info) if you'd like your CSMs to look into this issue. You're welcome, unfocused1; this is what I do!

I sent you a PM yesterday, feta_mgp; please check your inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Hello Thomas,

I have planned to see my dealer about this, however, the dealer does not share my plans as he does not consider this an issue. Your colleague, Alexander, knows about the whole thing. No use to send you a PM regarding this, just give Alexander a quick shout and you'll be up to speed...
Understood; please let us all know how it goes north of the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthoma View Post
Agh, man! I just saw this. I was at the dealer Friday to finally get my DCT re-program. Will they really replace the mirror for us? I think it would be worth the additional trip.
Your dealer will inspect the mirror to see if it needs to be replaced. How is your transmission doing since the DCT update?

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford