Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Any way to lessen the vibes from play mount?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
PowerFocer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61706
What I Drive: 2010 Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 PowerFocer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Any way to lessen the vibes from play mount?

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum. I installed massive's poly dogbone mount a few weeks ago and love the performance gain from it, however, on hot days with the A/C on the vibrations from it are freaking obnoxious. Feels like . I originally thought it was worse than it should have been so I took it to the dealer and they said that my other two motor mounts were gone (How? I have no idea. Its got 33K miles on it.) But fine, whatever. They replaced those and the vibration didn't change whatsoever. When its cool outside or when the A/C is off its not to bad; but when its 110+ outside and I have the A/C kicked up its like riding a coke'd out bull. Ok, maybe a bit exagurated, but you get the point. Anywho, I'd like to keep the mount in so I was wondering if there is any way to lessen the vibes from it while still retaining most/all of the performance gain from it. I was thinking something like a foam washer between the bolt and the K member on the subframe end. IDK, any ideas would be great. I don't like forced bowel movement just so I can enjoy some air conditiong.

Thanks in advance,
PowerFocer

EDIT: "Poly mount in title"

NEVER trust anyone with your car or your girl.
Either way, you could get a rod thrown in both.........
Fast cars make smart people do dumb things