Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #594
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraychild View Post
I do have a few reservations about the car, which I'm pretty sure many of us have already mentioned... For example, I find it to be a bit pricey... tight space for rear passengers? cup-holders? rear drums with 16" steelies?? really? Why are the steering wheel radio buttons on the right-hand side?? I can easily reach out for the knob on the unit itself with that same hand... this defeats the purpose!!
what else did you shop for? This was my 1st domestic car I bought in 20 years and the price was competitive for the market and the options and we got our's talked down to just over $19k with the sport package which for $600 added the rear discs,sport seats and 16" alloys (I did say rear discs,right) and that made my dollar feel like it went farther vs the Mazda3 and Chevy Cruz we looked at. The back seats are actually some more of the roomiest I'd sat in for this small of car and considering it actually has a lot of room in the hatch area. I thought the sedans felt a little cramped but they are the same except for the smallish trunk.

Cup holder? Yes,they need a couple more and better ones but the radio controls is a bit redundant anyway but I prefer the driver screen controls to be to the left since I still associate the radio controls to the right and I think most cars are the same aren't they?

It does have some cheapness to it here and there when compared to Toyota or Mazda but in the almost 4000 miles I have on it I really enjoy driving this car even if it could use another 100 ponies.