Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dominanteng.com def worth the wait
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
Flynz4me
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80744
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT #3965

Points 119, Level 2
Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Flynz4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyfocus View Post
The annoying thing about the ORP is its a 50/50 shot its not the ORP and its your header. I went through 3 used headers I had laying around trying to put stock exhaust back on a car and all 3 were bent. 2 had the tell tale dent in the one primary the 3rd looked flawless but its hard to put an o2 sensor in when the header has the o2 bung in the cat pushed under the oil pan.

I got everything from Dom in I think about a month give or take and I love the suspension stuff it fits and looks great.

Unless he got help he was a 1 man show last I checked so you just need to deal with that fact when you order parts.
I would agree in most cases, but when the header is brand new there isn't an excuse. The window of tolerance is huge and to be off 3/4" is an "almost complete design".

With that said, there maybe a simple explanation, like, he sourced a new tubing bender and the old one had the golden recipe (what we call it in CNC programming). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he was upfront with his lead times. I have to quote jobs everyday and the potential customer always gets a time to completion estimate with each one.

It's great that the suspension parts fit nice (that is the part that will kill you if it failed), and they have always looked good in the pics I've seen! Post up some pics Bennyfocus and show off your goodies!
Proud owner of #3965 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus