Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sound Upgrade Almost Done (Premium Really??)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
aablakersrf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100714
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 aablakersrf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree with the MS-8 install being fairly simple. If you are looking for good bang for the buck, you might want to go with an aftermarket head unit. Surely you could get a good one for a decent price that fits nicely and puts out a good signal and decent wattage.

I personally got the MS-8 because it offers signal conditioning. I have to keep my factory amp to keep my factory controlls, Nav, Blutooth and all of that. The MS-8 takes that garbage signal and makes it nice and flat, then it processes it accordingly, which to me was the icing on the cake.

That being said, an aftermarket head would put out a flat signal and at least 50rms per channel which would be enough for most side and rear speakers, you would just have to amp a sub if you wanted it. Many head units have equalizers that are decent and you could customize the sound accordingly. I had my old F-150 sounding really nice with new headunit and amp.

I would compare it to a pair of $100 earbuds to $400 earbuds. The 100 dollar pair sound great, but the 400 dollar pair sound effen solid. Same idea here with the MS-8 at its premium price the EQing is top notch along with the processing.

Just depends on how perfect you need it to sound...

If you do get a new head, I would also get some decent speakers too. Didn't know if you were going to or not...

Aaron

Last edited by aablakersrf; 08-16-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Speakers