Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #988
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I feel that it's a combination of the struts and strut bearings. Over the next month, I'm going to piece together a rebuild for my front suspension that consists of Koni Sport struts, new Motorcraft strut bearings, and ST strut mounts.

I really don't mind replacing the struts because they were ultimately going to get replaced anyway, since OEM suspension is never good enough for me. If the clunk doesn't go away after my attempted fix, it may be the icing on the cake that makes me give up on trying to make the car right, and pay off what's left on my loan and trade the car in on something I should've gotten in the first place; either a GTI or Cooper S.
I think a lot of us are going to watch your outcome of the rebuild. Keep us posted man! Just got off with the phone and told my CSM that although the tsb "fix" has made the car a lot better than it was, I can still hear rattle over some heavy bumps. Then he offered for the dealership to replace the springs again....HELLO IT'S NOT A SPRING RELATED ISSUE.