Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #987
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
After 8 miles my clunk is back.....surprise surprise surprise
I will say that whatever they did seemed to make a lot of improvement at first.
Ford is dumb, becuase they ignored the main clues that I offered them. One of those being that it is HEAT RELATED. Air temperature heat. Some people here have cars that clink when it's hot, but mine gets better when it's hot. As it got worse, the temperature where it would clunk got higher and higher. Yesterday when they did the TSB, it was 90 degrees, and there was no clunk or noise.
Today in he morning it was 70, and the noise is back.
Ford is goingbonnrow away a lot of money by not listening to the clues, and not following a logical trouble shooting pathway.
I hope they will now let me take to my friends shop, pay us to troubleshoot it, and then finally learn how to deal with. They should pay me for being the lead engineer on this project. My guess is that it will take about another year to get this figured out.
In the mean time I'm going to monitor it, and post here whenever I find anything out.
Why would it take you an entire year to figure this out if you were the lead engineer? Even the worst mechanic would be able to take the suspension apart and replace one piece at a time (simple, no-thought, trouble-shooting) until the problem was found and replaced in less than a week. There are only so many parts.

You talk a big game, but haven't offered up a fix yet. And whatever fixes yours may not fix others. Something to keep in mind. I eagerly await the results you and your friends come up with.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161