Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What kind of a deal can I expect?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Fucus-minded
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72986
What I Drive: 2003, black, Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 3 Fucus-minded Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
NOOOO. you never start off like that. do your research first! YOU find out what incentives you are due. for example military, law enforcement, student, find out about factory incentives, finance incentives because even if you dont want to go with ford credit if they offer a $500 finance incentive you can get that and then "refinance" with the bank of your choice. It is still a new car so you still get the "new car" rate. Anyway once you take ALL of YOUR incentives out then you start haggling... It is best if you find out what dealer cost is as I always offer 3-6% over cost and the same with options...3-6%. since this is a new design car you wont get away with much but you can still get as much as you can. I stop their BS in mid sentence with "listen boss I have seen the car, I dont need to take a test drive, this is the number I came up with, this is how I came up with it, you wont make 2 Gs off of me today but you will sell a car in 20 (the time it takes for paperwork) and I will be out of your office in that time and you will have an extra 1-1500 in your pocket. let's just stop the bs and tell me if you just want a quick sale.... BTW they also get big incentives just to move cars from ford themselves (all dealers do). put it to you like this I just (recently) picked up a 2012 avenger R/T, a 29500USD model (zero miles)... I walked out of there in 45 min with the keys and 20,700 with tax inc... they probably got 100 bucks if they were lucky BUT they got an extra 700 incentive from dodge so 800 bucks in 45 mins is awesome. I got a brand new 2011 (in 2011) fusion sport AWD 31,850 sticker price for 26,500 out the door (couldve got them for an extra 500 but didnt do enough homework as that was the day I blew up my focus). do about a week of homework or if you guys are military go through USAA, they can get some pretty insane deal every once in a while. good luck brother. depending on your incentives and timing I think you can get at LEAST 3500 off of that car. BTW I have found that the best time to buy a new car (not truck) is in November...late november at night, they always want to make one more quick sale and they need to move those 2012s before they get stuck with a 2012 in 2013...