Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #985
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update:

I've been trying to get mine fixed for a couple months. Dealer acknowledged the noise, worked with Ford, and was told current TSBs don't apply to my car. It was in again about two weeks ago and they were still told no fixes were applicable to my car. Note that this was after other folks had posted the newer TSB on here indicating the fix applied to any Foci built prior to 4/2/2012 - my car is a Dec 2011 build.

Fast-forward to this week... I've been going back-and-forth with my CSM for about three weeks. She stated this morning that the TSB still doesn't apply to my car, but I'll have to bring it into the dealer and they'll work with the Hotline - drive the car, etc. - to approve the fix. Was told the dealer would need to have the car for a while. She said to call the dealer to make an appointment.

So I called the dealer and they told me that the TSB does now apply to my car and commented about it being for all cars built prior to 4/2/2012 - note that this is about a month after that updated/expanded TSB appeared here on FF! The service advisor also mentioned that the springs are color coded and he has to get the car up on a lift to quickly check which ones my car has, then he can order the parts for the fix per the TSB.

It seems like Ford has a serious problem maintaining consistent information between corporate, service, and the dealerships! My dealer has been great in trying to resolve the problem, only to be shot down numerous times by a variety of sources at Ford. He specifically has made sure he's there whenever my car is in and has asked me in advance to come in on a different date if he can't be there. You'll hear no complaints about the dealer from me - they rock.

The good news is that progress is finally being made. The bad side of things is that it's taken a couple months at this point - and multiple drives to the dealer and phone calls with my CSM - to do so.
Sheesh. I wonder when we can ask Ford (corporate) to start reimbursing US for all the time we are spending navigating their ridiculous inconsistencies...let alone having it in the shop for the same unresolved issue. (I'm joking...mostly). Time is money for Ford just like it is for us.

On that note...I am randomly hearing small clunks from my driverside front now. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse...it is still better than when I took it in before the TSB was done.

Glad to hear u are getting somewhere finally.