Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #91
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
LOL !!!

Yeah ... embrace the future .... poor shifting, rough shifing, gear hunting, shuddering automatics that are now called DCT's .... some improvement ....

I have no doubt that Ford will get it right .... but it sure as hell aint right now .... and if you think it is ... you're just willing to accept garbage because you don't want to admit your car has teething issues ....

REV

Very few times have I noted the "gear hunting"... maybe 2 or 3 times?

That annoying noise (either the blender or the far less frequent "washers clanging") is just that... I've found gear shifts, noise or not, to be very smooth... since 12B37, the rough shifting from idle has pretty much gone away...

I do worry that prior to 12B37, the DCT's gears have metal shavings as prior to 12B37 the roughness and other issues did creep in after ~500 miles or so... I should look to see if one can check the fluid -- if shavings exist then I can mention that when going in for an oil change... there should be no metal shavings in with the fluid...