Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #454
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1 View Post
Chicago Board price today is $2.57 for ethanol dropping to $2.30 next year. Earlier this year it was leaving the plants at around $2. Lots of E85 advocates frustrated with middlemen and retailers pricing to high when it was so cheap leaving the ethanol plants earlier this year. Another good one, a few years ago, an ethanol plant just west of Oshkosh WI was direct marketing their product(E10,20,30and 85)though their cardtrol stations around eastern WI. Would you believe the petroleum marketers assoc. sued for pricing to cheap using the minimum mark up law the state has and won. I'm in several plants and they are still making a slight profit for this year paying as high as $8.26 per bushel of corn. They don't tell us investors all the secrets so for all I know they may have bought corn on the board earlier when it was cheaper and making it there.
Minimum markup law?? What communist passed that law?! Oh, wait must have been Oil Co lobbyists..