Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #89
Tiger-Heli
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
It would be a useful if we had the option to back up some of those settings to a thumb drive. MFT is a computer after all and they all seem to need a good reset once in awhile. I think I'll submit this idea to Ford Social if somebody else hasn't already.
This would be convenient, but not sure it's a good idea. The idea of a reset is to get rid of any corruption in the files. I think your idea would be similar to if you had a computer with a virus and re-loaded windows to clear the virus, then copied over a back-up of the hard drive and re-introduced the virus.

OTOH - the OEM Ford radio in my 2002 Focus had internal capacitors that would retain presets (but not audio settings) for a few hours if the battery was disconnected - that was a handy feature.

Not sure if it is feasible - but one thing I would like to see is the ability to roll-back and or install any version of MFT - for example - there was a comment in another thread where a member said that MFT 2.x worked better than 3.x, but if he upgraded he wouldn't be able to switch back. It would be nice if Ford had 2.x, 3.x etc. versions of the software on the website with the latest version recommended, so you could use whatever works best for you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
If the SD card is inserted while MFT is off then it never stops indexing while MFT is on. The work-around is to switch MFT to any source other than the SD card, pop the card out for a few seconds, then pop it back in. Indexing will start again and complete (for me) in a couple minutes then all is well again.
This sounds like a driver issue to me, but then I make my living as a driver validation engineer.
This doesn't surprise me too much - I replaced the OEM radio in the 2002 Focus with a JVC deck with USB and have similar issues - i.e. if I remove the thumb drive and add files to it and plug it back in with the system off, the deck will often say "reading" when I switch to USB and never finish indexing. Removing the drive, turning the JVC off and back on, and then plugging the drive back in with the JVC running solves the problem. Since I figured it out, I only plug the USB stick in with the JVC on if I have changed any files on it. Seems like MFT is doing the same things with the SD card issues.