Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT quirk after 12B37 update
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,237, Level 35
Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post
Mine does the same thing....Not ALL the time, but when it happens, you notice!
I'd like to escalate this with your Customer Service Manager; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info. When do you notice this happening most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
...Thomas, my car has been great but I still have this hiccup everytime I'm driving with cruise on. Happens to me mostly and is almost always replicable at 50mph.
Does it only occur when cruise control is on? By the way, I just noticed your PM and will respond as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I've noticed the hiccup as well, almost as though the clutch is slightly releasing for a fraction of a second. I've never tried to iron out a specific speed and don't really remember noticing it pre-tsb...

I just shrug it off. Not the right answer, I know.
I'm here if you'd like this to be sent to your Customer Service Manager. All you need to do is PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info (which I believe is Crown Ford); we'll review the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Something similar was happening on my Explorer. Turned out the torque converter needed to be replaced (at only 57k miles!). Obviously that's irrelevent here, except that I was also tempted there to just ignore the rythmic rpm blips at steady 35-45mph speed (only about a 50 rpm bump, hardly noticeable). Glad I didn't - the torque converted could've exploded and I would've had much bigger problems....
Whoa; did it damage anything else? This is a good example of why getting your ride checked sooner, rather than later, is so important; thanks for sharing.

Take it easy out there,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply