Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 60$$ Premium Oil Change by Dealer!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #38
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another reason to change the oil yourself: my carpool buddy took his CR-V to the dealer for the oil cange. They moved his seat all the way back (just to move it in and out of the bay!) and now he can't get it back just the way it was. Driving him nuts. Ha ha.

But here's an even funnier thing. They charged him a very reasonable $30 for the change, didn't need a rebate or anything like Ford. The oil was only $2.49 a quart (must've used REAL cheap stuff). And I think the concensus is the dealers do that to lure you in and find other stuff that they can upsell you on. But I was looking through his inspection report from them; they noted that his tranny fluid was low, both air filters needed changing, and 2 of his tires were down to 5/32nds. And they didn't even mention it to him. He had no idea until I pointed it out to him (he's pretty spacey - and it's a lease so he doesn't care). So here the dealer charges a low price for the oil change and is probably just breaking even on it at best, and then fails to try to sell him on the stuff they found. Crazy!