Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dodge Dart review and possible new focus owner
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #14
a1awind
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98056
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se sport sedan,

FF Reputation: 2 a1awind Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i find that 8 out of 10 salesmen have no idea about the product they are selling. 6 out of 10 aren't even "car guys".

i just took my mom car shopping.
i wanted to talk her into a taurus but she hates ford. she is a japanese fan.
so she decided on (after driving an accord, legacy, 6, and Camry) the Camry.
I knew more about the Camry than the saleman. I actually schooled the salesman on his competition. he knew all there was to know about football...but squat about cars. oddly i am not a sports person...so he and i didnt share common ground.

at the honda dealer...it was the same thing. all i got from the salesman was how great honda's are and how you can't find a better value for the money.
but he didnt know crap about the competition. by the time we left he was asking me for info about the infiniti he had on the used lot that someone was comming in to look at!

the subaru/mazda dealer... the salesman was older and a former "auction guy" so he and i were able to talk cars. he was also the least pushy.

as a side note... my mom went to purchase a camry from the dealer that she test drove the car at.... Day Toyota in pleasant hills pa..... she went armed with info from edmunds, and threw a respectable offer on the table and said she wanted $12,000 for her 50k mile honda element ( kbb 14,000)
they offered $10,000 for her element and sticker for the camry. she laughed and walked. Rorich toyota/lexus accepted her offer right away and even had to dealer trade to get the car she wanted!