Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #1450
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Starting from a dead stop and making left turn by the time I get around the corner the transmission is already in third gear. That is too tall a gear to accelerate from that low of a speed. When I press the gas pedal it will not go! If I mash down hard enough to get it into a lower gear it jerks when it downshifts.
Similar situation, you are coming up to a red light slowing down and the light changes. Again it is not in the right gear to accelerate and does not want to downshift. It seems like it is unresponsive to the throttle input.
One of the most frustrating things I can think of is a car that will not go when you press the gas pedal.
If I take off from a dead stop and accelerate moderately it seems to work pretty well most of the time but it still has its moments. The clutch chatter or jerking has for the most part subsided.
Mine was built 6/12, it must have the most recent software or firmware or programming or whatever it is and I have about 1200 miles. So this I guess is how it works.
I am sure this is all in the name of better fuel economy but there should be some reasonable drivability built in there as well.
I would say I am happy with it about 80% of the time. Unfortunately I own it and pay for it 100% of the time.
I have to agree with your 100% accurate situations you described. Mine is exactly the same way. This car would be a 10 in my book if they just went with a traditional tranny IMHO!

Also S mode doesn't really improve this situation above. At least not now that it's had the latest update. Prior it felt like S was definitely more aggressive but not so much anymore that I can really tell.