Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Add NAV after the fact?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora677 View Post
I bought a 2012 ford focus about a month ago and it is equipped with my ford touch, but it does not have the on screen navigation. Instead it has the sync services navigation, which has proven to be utterly useless. It can take up 30 minutes from the time I request directions until they get sent to the car, and if you take a wrong turn, the system is not able to re-route you. This wouldn't be a big deal if I were still able to use the google maps navigation on my droid razr maxx, but when the phone is synced with the car, the car disables the turn by turn audio of the google maps. Additionally, my text messages don't come through my car anymore (this feature only worked for about a day), so I paid for this my ford touch unit because I thought it would make everything seemless for me, and instead it has made my life worse. If i want turn by turn directions I need to un-sync the phone from the car which defeats the purpose of having the my ford touch in the first place. Can someone please help me... this stupid car was way too expensive for none of this to work...it makes me want to cry.
Hi, pandora677 -

It shouldn't take 30 minutes to download a route as long as your phone is in an area with coverage. If the issue persists, I recommend removing the battery from your phone to reset its Bluetooth Chip. If you're an iPhone user, perform a soft reset:

http://Support.Apple.com/kb/ht1430

At any time during your trip, the voice command UPDATE ROUTE may be given.

Another option is to use the SYNC Destinations application:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Like Google directions, you must be moving less than 5 miles per hour to utilize this feature, but it's a great app!

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford