patrickpage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102541
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 patrickpage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsan View Post
I've been reading this and 4 other forums (car and driver, consumer reports etc.) and as our 2012 focus SE is in the shop for what every one else has complained about the transmission, I have a few questions.

1. WHY ARE DEALERS PRETENDING that they have never heard of this?

if they don't know anything of it....why are all my dealership transmission people at a training seminar? ( according to the service manager...they should be back monday)

2. What is the "Ford protocol?" Today ...after 2 days in the shop another Service consultant told me they won't even pull the trans or inspect it "until the electronics division in dearborn tells us to". ( could it be another FIB? could it be another way of covering it up? could it be ...... add your own).

3. Why if you complain about the computer screwing up, they will re-flash it with new software, but if you don't ask they do nothing and let you tear up the clutch cylinder, clutch slave and a few other parts..?

4. Why no recall? It's a known problem ...what over paid moron is making decisions? Even car and driver said "some needs to be held accountable".

5.. I want it in writing.....you will never have to go thru this again. (I've already lost all hopes of getting the blue book value as a trade, it seems that EVERYONE EXCEPT FORD knows of the problem! GO Figure!)

You are correct alot of dealers are rejecting a deal or low balling these cars so bad because either they have many at the lot or know of the problem and no one wants to buy this car. We shouldnt be stuck with this car!