Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Signing Papers Monday night unless....
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Signing Papers Monday night unless....

Hello all,

I've been working a deal for the past few days with the local Ford dealer here in Louisville. Trading my 2003 GMC Yukon for a 2012 Focus. Hoping to get some validation from the resident guru's on if I'm getting a good deal, or if I should back out before I sign the official papers Monday night.

I've test driven the car twice now, and think it will fit my needs just fine. It's a 2012 with less than 20mi on it. It was the ONLY 5spd on the lot, and in a car with only 160hp I wouldn't consider an automatic. It's a dark blue hatchback. I'm not certain of the option codes, as they end up looking like alphabet soup very quickly to me. It has Sync, Cruise, Sirrius, cloth seats, Sunroof, and foglights. I'm not certain if it has the sport package or not, I didn't know it existed until I started reading here. Sticker price on the window is $20,669.

I'm eligible for the Z-Plan (Grandfather retired from Ford), and they are offering a $2,000 rebate. Before financing, taxes, tags, etc, the sell price is $17,015. $19,015 was the Z-Plan pricing, and then $2k in rebates. I'm approved through the local credit union for 1.94% for 60mo, and will be using them for the financing. I'm upside down (REALLY BAD) in the Yukon, so I'll be adding some cash to the deal, as well as rolling some of that into the new loan. Not the best idea, but it is what it is at this point, and I have to stop the 12mpg checkbook bleeding!!

I signed a "buyers sheet" approving the pricing before I left on Saturday, however I haven't signed any loan papers yet, as the credit union wasn't open on Sunday, and Ford Credit wanted to finance me for ~6% for 72mo. Can I still "get out" of that signed piece of paper if I find a better deal, or have I locked myself in. I know I'm pretty late int he game to be asking these questions, but I just found the site tonight while surfing the web and watching TV.

Anyone here have any thoughts on if this sounds like a good deal? I can get the VIN first thing in the morning for verification from some of the others here. I've read a number of EXCELLENT testimonials from members here buying from Ira in Colorado. You guys think I should investigate that avenue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!