VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767 View Post
After seeong dyn085's results with just the K&N drop in I put the Steeda intake on the back burner and ordered the K&N from eBay $65 delivered to Aus.
I am not convinced that the dyn085's dyno is really accurate, but I take it for what it is. But, I'd say you better not expect much from the K&N drop in only, though.

dyn085 himself said that the first run on the stock was showing 240 TQ and 144 HP. Then, using the K&N filter he got 155 HP and 143 TQ and this when a stock car is doing usually 138-141 HP and 130-133 TQ (if manual) or a little less HP if automatic.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I am a "noob" in this matter, but I did a lot of readings since he posted his numbers and I didn't find anything on the net to sustain a gain of more than 13 HP and 11 TQ over stock only using K&N filter. Most of the people talk about 2 HP (if any). K&N itself should change the numbers of its Air Intake kit (+9 HP and +10 TQ), because why should anyone buy a 280 $ kit when a 50 $ filter do more ? So, I would take his numbers with a grain of salt, unless someone else with the same K&N filter comes out with the same numbers (IMHO). I do think that with the newmission ram air mod, these numbers will change though. We'll see in what direction when he'll dyno his car again.

P.S. Just to be clear, I am skeptic about his dyno numbers, not himself !
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.