Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 C-Max Hybrid
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #38
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
If you're referring to the wagon then I should have you know that it should be within 80 lbs of the Hatch, (36 kg per Ford.co.uk and comparing the 1.0L i3 ecoBoost Hatch vs Estate), some of the larger engines show an even smaller weight difference between hatch and wagon in terms of curb weight differences.

Most of that difference comes down to the wagon being as long as the sedan iirc.
Yes, the only additional weight on the wagon is the extra steel, glass, etc being as long as the sedan with a hatch. The drag coefficient is higher, but the difference is insignificant.

If they were referring to the C-Max weighing more, its all battery and electric motor. The Cmax hybrid only weights 300 lbs more than the Euro version.

People are saying its the Focus wagon because it about as close as we'll get to a Focus estate for awhile. That or the Escape. The Focus wagon would not demand the premium prices of the Escape in the US. The Escape has been Ford's top five selling vehicle of the last ten years while the Focus wagon didn't sell enough units to stay around. Its too bad.