Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #1264
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
I just don't think that its a problem till there really is one... Its different and that is what the focus is all about... SO what a little lag, but after that 1 second delay the car really does take off like a rocket.. Well not a rocket, but it takes off! I drove it at first and kept thinking wow this is different and it kept reminding me of something and could not put my finger on it and then I read the threads and Bingo it all made sense to me. I find that once I let off brake and let the car roll for a second if possible I don't get the lag so that it self is just like a stick shift... Also its a bit worse when the A/C is on also, so I don't use it around town, just on the highway... the other thing people might be feeling is the thing that holds the car from rolling ( can't think of the name of the option ) but that also makes the car lag a bit till it releases. So its just a series of little things that takes time to get used to...Don't write the car off till you have driven it for a while... Drive it like an 18 yo and you won't even feel the lag... I am sure you will love it ......
Boy are you going to tick off those irate bashers.
They usually jump all over me.