View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You know I read in a past comment from someone that it acts sorta like a manual transmission would. I am going to agree, that is exactly what mine feels like when I am driving, starting and stopping and even more so when in the Sport mode...I have 279 miles on mine and I do love the car overall. I am not worried about the way it feels or the lag starting from a stop. When I drove standard cars and releasing the clutch there was always a lag and then it would take off. It also feels some what like turbo lag just as example. For the most part everything you are feeling in the car is NORMAL and its reacting the way it was designed to act. Which just might be the issue, most people are not used an automatic transmission acting in this way and that is why its an uncomfortable feeling. If you know how to drive a standard shift or have access to one take for a spin and you will see that its pretty similar... If you give it some time I feel that there is a good chance that everyone will get used it. However, if the shuddering and lagging gets worse I would bring it in to the dealer... I think it will most likely break in and run smother.. It just takes time!!!! Once again I find it feels just like driving a standard transmission just without the clutch so in other words is an automatic standard in a sense... So If you like automatics and standards you get both, you get the feeling of a standard without a hassle of a shifter and clutch.