Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Long Crank/Hard Start 2.0L And 2.3L Engine With MTX-75 Transaxle Bulletin
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #105
KUEHN8898
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68858
What I Drive: 05 Dark Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 KUEHN8898 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an 05 zx4 same problem. but mine either will crank longer than usual or sometimes ill crank it short (till it should start since im used to my other foci) and it putters and dies than cranks for almost 20 seconds than fires up blows an a$$ load of un burned fuel out the exhaust and then runs fine. no codes or nothing and im not ur weekend tinker guy i know my shit and my dads been a ford master tech for 28 years and hes stumped. doesnt throw codes or nothing. sometimes is ideling and sounds like its missing and is gunna die. i changed plugs and boots didnt efect it whatsoever. all my car has is a cai with 61,000 miles. focis are startin to piss me off been dumpin toooooooo much money into them to keep em running and have zero aftermarket parts besides cai. my 05 needed a trany at 59,000!!!! and ford said they wont even look at it without paying almost 200 bucks which if was their problem to cover would be reimburst. IF!!! sorry to say it but after our family has owned nothing but fords my grandma is a retired ford rep and we owned 4 focis im bout to go buy me a new impala.
05 Focus ZX4 Duratec
06 Ford Fivehundred limited