Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Low MPG on new 2012 Titanium Hatch
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #40
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)

That Log is missing 18 miles from delivery, but it doesn't show much improvement at least under the same conditions from the beginning. The average has been around 34.5 mpg, but the absolute worst tank so far was on 87 octane but that doesn't mean much as the first half or so of the fuel ups were done on 87 octane, the last 5 were done on 93 octane.

The average in town primarily is around 32-34, and on longer journeys / primarily highway with a light throttle and including getting stuck in traffic and some time in town with a light throttle I got a peak so far of 39.38 mpg hand calculated at 70 mph on light throttle, but that also included some heavier throttle and running at higher speeds for at least a few miles. Car runs really well. The trip computer said it was doing 37.6 mpg on that tank by the time I went to refuel, but that was really only about a half tank, this tank is looking equally bright, well it was until traffic hit again. Trying to see what the peak city biased mpg I could expect to see, but really I'd rather have fun once in a while than drive with an especially light throttle all the time.