Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 60$$ Premium Oil Change by Dealer!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Points 749, Level 14
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Unfortunately, that story is not uncommon. Unfilled, overfilled or underfilled oil. Stripped or untightened drain plugs, crossthreaded or untightened filters. WalMart oil change: No thanks. Same goes for Jiffy Lube & the like.
Had a Dodge dealership overfill the oil in my Dakota by about eight quarts after they replaced the oil pump and released it to me that way. It ran like crap and there was blue smoke coming out the tailpipe on the way home. I took it back and they said it was normal for an old truck.

It ran great before they worked on it.

Eventually they fessed up and said the battery in their oil filler ran low and was over-filling vehicles. They also forgot to plug in a LARGE vacuum line. The mechanic showed 30-years experience on his business card, could have fooled me. Unfortunately the oil pump went out again 30k miles later so I got rid of it.

I'd always changed my own oil and done all repair work on my vehicles prior to that however, I bought my Focus with a service agreement on the D-plan so it was a good deal. If they mess up the car they're responsible.