suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Hmmmm, maybe that's why some are reporting a change in the 6th gear set point and others are not. I'm still ticked about having to manually shift into 6th every time I hit 35mph. I spend a fair amount of time in the 35-40mph range.
E.x. my car was built after the intent of 12B37 was installed at the factory in the initial firmware of the transmission control unit, and its always shifted into 6th at 35 or 36 mph under the condition of light throttle or no further acceleration when left alone in drive, but others are reporting a significantly higher minimum entry speed after their service. It seems likely that some how the dealer is changing something they should not, possibly by wiping the memory and then not performing the drive cycle since the fsa didn't call for the drive cycle to be performed.

The only time I remotely question the car and or the gearbox is when letting off the brakes at around 0-5 mph but its the kicking of the brake pedal that seems to indicate that the brakes wanted to stay on a second or two longer to either fully stop the car, or to hold it in place. Otherwise I've not really experienced anything that might be associated with a shudder or anything as far as I can tell, even after entering heavy stop and go traffic while in auto mode after some higher speed runs. Taking off from a stop even without the use of the accelerator is smooth, although I try to give the car a little bit of air when taking off if I can. Basically it behaves like it should with no real histrionics or anything as far as I can tell, and believe me I can still tell when it shifts without always having to look at the tach, but its very subtle and not terribly violent, well unless you were to wind it out and ratchet up the pace.

Car has just over 3300 miles on it now (well between 33 and 3400 miles) and between runs to and from work, as well as visits to family its been a decent mix of city and highway, although most of the daily commute is biased towards city driving and traffic even though it might touch the freeway for a couple of miles and a highway for a few more since they can also end up as stop and stop situations.