Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Do you want to loose weight? I lost 76 in 3 months
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #161
tetra
pwned

Fan#: 60621
What I Drive: 2009 Black Clearcoat SES Sedan

Points 13,912, Level 76
Points: 13,912, Level: 76 Points: 13,912, Level: 76 Points: 13,912, Level: 76
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 tetra Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^ I started off simply walking long distances outside and bought myself some 20 pound bells that you can do a lot with. Eventually I started to jog.
I have a gym at my condo now, so things are a bit different but I lost 50 pounds simply running and doing the 20's.

Not to knock what these guys are doing, but juicing isn't very good. Sure you lose weight, but you also lose a lot of muscle mass when cutting so drastically. The best way to lose weight is to calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). Basically how many calories you body uses daily, and then eat about 300 calories under it. It's very important to lift weights while cutting to maintain your muscle. If you don't, when you lose all that weight you'll be what people call "skinny fat". If you lose weight too quickly you'll have a lot of loose skin and probably hate the way you look even more than before in some cases. That's why slow, steady, consistent weight loss is best. 2-3 pounds max per week if safe, but aim around 2 if you want your body to adapt well and give time for your skin to shrink up so you don't look skinny fat.

If you don't eat much vegetables (it's better) but you should take a multi-vitamin as well. Helps overall.

The only good thing about being your weight, is that you have lots of muscle under the fat from carrying it around. So just google TDEE, calculate what you need and eat under it. You'll lose weight no matter what.