Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #1253
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRunFocus View Post
I bought a 2012 Focus Titanium in May 2011 for my daughter to drive to school. She said it had a "weird" feel to it when taking off from a red light sometimes. We had the recall reprogramming done. I drove it a couple of weeks ago and noticed "the shudder" - the "weird feel" she talked about. I called the service department at the Ford dealership and the service manager said he'd never heard of a Focus having that problem....but to bring it in and they would look at it. Now they are removing the transmission to replace a couple of leaking seals. Seems fluid is leaking on the dual clutch mechanism causing them to slip and "shudder". The car should be ready in a few days. Luckily, according to the service manager, they can get the parts they need - he said they had been on back-order. I'm just glad they figured it out and didn't put me off.

I don't have a comfortable feeling about sending my daughter back out on the road to school (several hours away) in this Focus. I may have to put her in my wife's Honda Accord. Or my other daughter's Honda Civic.

O_O!! transmission removal??? yikes!!