Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Low MPG on new 2012 Titanium Hatch
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Here is my fuelly graph.
Thanks for sharing. Looks like your graph supports my hypothesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Are we giving false hope or are you only showing the low data? Is there nothing to support the other side? There seems (imho) to be a larger amount of people whom report an increase. There also seems to be a lot of people whom have this gripe initially, then their thread fades away within a few weeks (tanks of gas).

I don't go on Fuelly, what does the majority of the data represent?
Here are two graphs I posted a few months here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...t=myth+busters that weren't too popular. I picked the 20 fuelly users with the greatest number of fillups (at the time) and cut and pasted their fillup data into Excel. I plotted all their mpg points (the faded curves in the background) and inserted a linear trend line on each (the dark lines). Most users had 30 fillups or more, so say 9,000 miles on their vehicles on average.

As you can see, the trendlines are pretty flat over 9,000 (or so) miles. Some go up a little, some go down.