there is a car care thread somewhere. prolly off the main page. its not specific to our gen.
but here is how i care for my car.
1. remove all surface debris with a power washer
2. remove all wax and embeded debris using dawn dish soap. this may take serveral attempts to get all the wax off.
3. wash the car with a high quality wash. i use meguires gold.
IMPORTANT wash in straight lines only. do not wash in circular patterns. straight scratches are easier to remove than circular ones.
4. dry the car using either compressed air or a silicone waterblade.
now you will be able to properly assess the condition of your paint.
5. clay bar time. i use mothers california clay bar and the supplied detailing fluid as lubricant. apply a few sprays of lube to the surface and using the clay go in straight lines. yes you can go back and forth. this is to limit any swirling and circular scratches again. you can actually hear the product working. no noise equals clean paint.
dry the cleaned surface with a microfiber towel. drying in straight lines folding as necessary
now if your car needs mechanical polishing this would be the time to do so.
6.now apply a sealant. there are many out there. i used nufinish last time. apply it in straight lines and wipe the excess off with the microfiber towel.Yes, in straight lines....
reapply a second coat if you wish but it is advised to wait to the following day to do so to let the sealant cure.
7.wax. i used a paste wax as it gives you the best finish but it is the most time consuming process. you may use a carnuba spray wax if you wish. aplly product in straight lines again? yes again. wipe the dried product off with another microfiber towel. in ...yup, you guessed it; straight lines.
this should get you a show car shine and a protective finish that lasts.
2008 Vista Blue SES Coupe 5spd FRPP Zx3B Suspension
5000K D2S Retrofit
130,000+ miles and still on factory brakes and clutch!
Rep Points dont add themselves