Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Eibach Sportline install(PIC HEAVY); SE sports hatch
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3 OX White

Points 2,972, Level 33
Points: 2,972, Level: 33 Points: 2,972, Level: 33 Points: 2,972, Level: 33
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmer View Post
So how much did the ride quality change? that is my biggest worry with going lower as the Focus has become THE family car. I don't mind a stiff ride but I just don't want to hear it from others...
My wife and two boys just did a bunch of running around. My wife says it felt "very smooth". The only difference I noticed was on the really tall speed bumps it felt a BIT more harsh but not rock solid or anything. I went over speed "humps" on the street and tall speed bumps in several parking lots with no scrapes. You just have to go a bit slower and the harshness on the speed bumps isn't as noticeable at all. I would say so far, if the ride before was a 10, It'd be a 7.5-8 now. I'm actually impressed so far.

I should also add that if before the handling was like a 8 it's now closer to a 10. Where I'm sure better away bars and shocks would make it like a 12. I've noticed less sway on hard cornering and less dip on hard acceleration and braking.

Proof that mine is a family car too!!

Last edited by BLarson; 08-07-2012 at 08:52 PM.