Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weird Problem: No Signs of Life
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopJokey View Post
...my 2012 Ford Focus Ti Hatch yesterday - there are no signs of life with my car like the battery is completely drained with one exception, when you attempt to move the gear selector on the auto from park the ODO LCD screen says "Transmission not in Park". Everything else that requires power (car starting, MFT screen, cabin lights, locks, hatch door, steering wheel and gear selector are locked up, etc.) is inoperable.

I had two separate professionals try and jump start the car to no avail. Each time they connected the leads of my car battery to theirs it had absolutely no effect. Still no accessory power whatsoever, car won't start, door won't lock. Like I said, no signs of life with that one huge exception that leads me to believe it isn't a battery problem.

...tried starting the car with no luck and noticed no power in the cabin. That's when I called emergency roadside assistance to get a jump. The car service guy tried jumping the car from a booster pack with no luck and noticed the "Transmission Not in Park" message. Eventually I had the car towed to the dealership. We'll see what they say today when they take a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopJokey View Post
Update: The dealership was able to get the car up and running normally again by disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery leads of the vehicle (similar to doing a battery pull of a smartphone). However they haven't been able to figure out what the problem is and have held the car overnight while they await engineering assistance from Ford HQ to diagnose the problem.
I'm more than happy to assist; please PM me your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer city/state so I can loop in your Customer Service Manager.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply