Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
abbak1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102232
What I Drive: 2003 red SVT 2dr

FF Reputation: 1 abbak1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile poor MPG

[Hey there, yes I had a 2012 focus SEL hatch, 6 speed auto. the milage really sucked for a few hundred miles. I decided to travel from Orlando to Miami using high RPM's (old Ford breaking ideology ), so I drove it in lower gears at high rates of rpm and that got the job done quicker. On most occasions I got mid 40's on highway at 65 mph. At 75 mph, plan on about 40 to 41. around town never got too good, maybe 25 to 29. Many people have this problem. I recommend you go out and beat the living shit out of this car and see what happens. You are covered under warranty. I got rid of the car due to the problems with the automatic trans, it really sucks. Hope this helps. Remember, when it comes to a Ford and you are in doubt, beat the shit out of it and it will run better.

I have a 2 week old Focus Titanium hatchback that has me worried with a few issues, the big one being MPG ratings.

On first tank of gas I got 23.5 MPG, and half way through 2nd tank the computer says about the same. This basically with just daily commute driving about half city streets and half 55MPH freeway. I drive carefully and usually get numbers better than EPA ratings on everything else I have driven, so this worries me.

I spoke to the dealer and they say it needs to break in to get best results. This makes some sense, but I am expecting at least 10 MPG higher out of this car (33+ on average)and that seems like a big jump for just "breaking it in" to fix.

Anyone have any insight on if this is normal or anything I should check?[/QUOTE]