Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #88
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
Jaclyn,

My contacts are handled by my Mac's Address Book and synced with the phone through iTunes. SYNC then picks up what's in my iPhone's Contact List. It doesn't matter if I create the list through Address Book or on the phone itself - SYNC still imports the whole enchilada, and it will still try to call contacts that don't have a phone number. The other thing: my wife, for example, is listed with several numbers: "home" - her cell; "work" - her direct line at work; "mobile" - her work cell phone; "work2" - her office main desk line; and "work3" - her office's toll-free number. When I say, "call Laura," it asks, "on cell, at work, or other?" To SYNC, "other" is her normal cell phone, "work" is the direct line (the only one it gets right), and "cell" is her work cell, which I never use. (We have no land line.) Why is it that SYNC won't use my phone's terms - which I already know? Why does it have to redefine my contacts so that I have no idea what number it's going to call? It's all this extra information I have to keep rattling around this old brain. *This* is why I want a favorites list and not the entire thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
Jaclyn, sorry, but I missed the comment about the "gears" - I don't have MFT, just the standard SYNC (my car's only an SE/203A, so I can't have more than that).
Thanks for the info, collisionbend! Sorry about "the gears" comments, I'm on MyFord Touch overload.

In regards to your contacts, is there a group besides ALL CONTACTS under your SYNC device properties? This can be found under the following:

GENERAL > BLUETOOTH > SYNC > OTHER GROUPS

You'll want to make sure the group you want to SYNC is checked and not ALL CONTACTS.

Let me know what you see.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford