Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My Eibach Sportline install(PIC HEAVY); SE sports hatch
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
I honestly think Ox White is the best looking color on this car (don't hate me people), and lowered, it just looks so much better. Nice job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FocusSE View Post
Looks really good. The comparison pictures really show off the difference.
I have to agree!! : ) and thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
If you disconnect the rear shock and the outboard lower control arm bolt, the suspension arm will droop down and you'll be able to slide the spring right in.

Much easier than dealing with spring compressors for the rear.
That prob. would have been easier for the rear, as you need to remove the rear shock anyways. You would also have to unbolt the rear sway bar on both sides where it connects to the control arm. By the time you unbolt the lower control arm, and the rear sway bar, and then utilize a jack, it would prob. take about the same amount of time, but it might be easier. It only took me about 20 mins to remove and replace the rear spring, and then another 10 to swap out the parts in the rear shock and put it back. So even using the spring compressor I was able to do both rears in about an hour. It would have saved me the time of renting the tool though.