Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Lunchbox delete on my 2012 Hatch :)
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you are messing with the ECU, trying to crack it. Prepare to have your warranty void. If you have the DCT, that Turbo kit won't happen until you swap out the tranny. The DCT as it sits won't deal with the power for very long, probably very briefly. Not to mention the stock compression ratio is to high for a turbo, so that would need to be lowered by boring out the cylinders. Then you would need to get some good forged pistons, good rods, good crankshaft bearings, make sure everything is balanced, new camshafts with new bearings, all new gaskets, bigger fuel injectors, I would get one of those dual engine oil filter setups (might as well since you already threw down the $$$ for everything else), upgrade the cooling system, custom 2.5-3 in. Exhaust. All of this and you have even gotten to the turbo and stuff.

You are talking serious cash, especially since none of this stuff exists for the Focus yet. Everything hinders on one thing, the tuning, which none of the big companies have cracked yet. Then you still have to wait for someone to do the research and come out with a tune for a turbo kit.

Might as well buy an ST and call it a day.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.