Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Google Maps no longer works?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Actually, that won't change anything. the 'Maps' application in iOS has never been Google's production. The only thing that came from Google was the mapping backend (meaning, not the application itself, but the maps that it streamed). Any functionality that existed or was missing was completely because of Apple, and had nothing to do with Google.
True, Apple's app but they were still throwing cash at Google for use of that backend. Just like the native YouTube app. Apple's app but they were giving cash to Google (and exactly why the YouTube app will not be part of iOS6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
That doesn't change the fact that it would be *incredible* if they integrated with SYNC. I'd love the same thing on the Android side...Ford released an app to basically do the same thing, but it's a horrible app and it doesn't work anytime you're moving. Useless if you're walking to your car.
Totally agree. I'd love to see the integration but as far as iOS goes I just can't see them going out of their way to make it integrate seamlessly with something called "Sync by Microsoft". Just doesn't seem their style!