Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Google Maps no longer works?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faygo Focus View Post
In other news, Apple is expected to release iOS6 next month which drops Googlemaps for their own Map software. It would be neat if they integrated it with SYNC... not to say its necessarily related to the above...

And as a side note, who is Dr Pepper on syncmyride.com? Hits up every single thread with multiple complaints... way past the point of calling wolf.
Actually, that won't change anything. the 'Maps' application in iOS has never been Google's production. The only thing that came from Google was the mapping backend (meaning, not the application itself, but the maps that it streamed). Any functionality that existed or was missing was completely because of Apple, and had nothing to do with Google.

That doesn't change the fact that it would be *incredible* if they integrated with SYNC. I'd love the same thing on the Android side...Ford released an app to basically do the same thing, but it's a horrible app and it doesn't work anytime you're moving. Useless if you're walking to your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding YOUR logic...

Why would Ford be "supporting" GM in the first place? That's ridiculous. I think you read the whole thing backwards. He's saying he thinks Google stopped supporting Ford and GM because now both services no longer work with Google Maps.

Why would Ford stopping supporting Google have anything to do with Google Maps and GM not working as well?

Ooooh I see what you're saying. For some reason I thought the meaning was that the OnStar mapping application couldn't send directions to SYNC anymore haha I forgot OnStar is the system that's loaded in the GM cars. Woopsie.