Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
It is probably easier for you to just pull the triangl out than to try and work from under the car. You have to slide something in between the triangle and the bumper cover to get the tabs to release, then it just pops right out. I just pushed out the block plate and then forced the triangle out, but I probably got lucky that I didn't break any of the tab holders.

Do you just plan on doing a wet lay-up or are you going to bag it? I made mine in a hurry and jisy did a lay-up, but bagging it would have finished it off better.

You will be exhaust limited after doing this. I did the dyno runs on it this weekend and couldn't pull much more power out of it in comparison to the snorkel delete. Not a bad thing, it just means that we are sitting on the same power as the name brand CAI's
I really think I will have to work from under the car. I never used fiberglass before so I do not know what you mean by wet lay up or bagging it. What I plan to do is make a cardboard mockup of the scoop, line it with wax paper, and then apply the fiber glass using this kit: http://www.amazon.com/Fibreglass-Eve...fiberglass+kit

Do you know how to remove that cover from under the car? I rather go through that effort (and think I will have to in order to mount it the way I want) rather than mess with the triangle.

From the few videos posted here I like the sound more than the aftermarket CAIs available. I was contemplating an exhaust but looking at my options they are pretty expensive. I may just go the cheap route and get a nice sounding muffler instead of an entire system.

I have been watching a lot of fiberglass DIY videos and I am confused about how many layers I should apply. Suggestions?