Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Why do I love this car?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
Butlersride
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102244
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Butlersride Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why do I love this car?

I still can't get over how much I'm enjoying this car. I'm a driving enthusiast (albeit a poor one), so I've been a VW fan and have loved my GTIs and Jettas; but I have to admit; I like this Focus more, and I can't believe it.

I've had a new Focus for about two weeks and I love it. I've had mostly VWs (GTI and Jetta GLI), a 2003 Civic and a 2008 Mazda 6. The overall driving experience is hands down a win for the Focus (surprisingly). The VW GTIs I've had accelerated faster (obviously); but the Focus corners and handles far better; and while it's not a rocket it's decent. The tradeoff is the mileage. I'm getting 26-30 in hardcore city driving and 30-35 on short highway excursions. It's the quietest car I've ever owned as well.

The car is very comfortable and has a ton of features. SYNC does take some getting use to, but now I like it. The transmission is a little temperamental at parking lot speeds; but that seems to be getting better now. There's plenty of room in the back and the seats fold down totally flat giving a lot of storage (or carting three big dogs).

I'm driving this car till it can't be driven any more.